https://www.facebook.com/married2chavezhttps://www.instagram.com/sandras_lovinglife/https://www.pinterest.com/married2chavez/

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Purse-a-phobia

Purse-a-phobia [purs-A-foh-bee-uh]
-noun
A persistent, irrational fear of women’s purses that leads to a compelling desire to avoid them.

Is it just me or do all men have an irrational fear of purses? For the life of me I can’t get my hubby to go anywhere near my purse.

Take yesterday for example, I’m trying to unwind in a nice hot bath and he comes barging in asking for my car keys. To which I reply, that they’re in my purse (where they always are). Can you believe me that not 5 minutes later he comes back with my purse in tow so I can get them out for him? Seriously!?! Will it swallow your hand if you stick it in there? Or are you afraid some girly product is going to rub against your skin, marring you forever? I don’t get it! I certainly don’t have an issue diving into his wallet if I need something.

His excuse? He doesn’t want to invade my privacy…

Umm…doesn’t he consider interrupting my nice relaxing bath an invasion of privacy?

And what’s so private about my purse? The anti-bacterial foam I carry around for the kids or the boogey wipes? In fact, the only thing I really have in my purse for me is my license, cell phone, and ATM. Other than that, what does he think I have in there, the pool boy?

And he says I have irrational fears….

The next time he makes fun of me for freaking out about a lizard coming in the house, I’m throwing my purse at him!

2 comments:

  1. Intersting, doesn't seem to be very common ? Your hubby can bring you the purse ? I myself cannot touch or even get very close to one! I have no idea why ? Amlost let my phobia grow to include shopping bags such as plastic bags with handles ! Told myself that's just plumb crazy ? Once in a department store coming down the escalator it tried to deposit me right between two aisles of purses !!! Lickity split i was back up them steps.actually catch myself pausing every time I go to spell the word ? It's not a feminine issue i don't fear bras women's shoes clothing makeup? Though I have other things I don't do. Never used a drinking straw, or stir sticks , lids on drinks such as coffee. Every drink within my house must be on a coaster. For a brief period carried one in my back pocket for use when visiting friends ? No longer though. People thought was creepy ?I also only wear a pair of socks one day then discard them. That's right at about $40 per month on socks! There's probably a few more I've over looked? I realize your post is almost 10 years old but a girlfriend of mine researching came across it. Wanted to let you know I think your hubby is gonna be o.k. tnks. DAVE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send your used socks to me rather than putting them in the trash !

      Delete

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Majula Designs' "Little Friends" kit.