https://www.facebook.com/married2chavezhttps://www.instagram.com/sandras_lovinglife/https://www.pinterest.com/married2chavez/

Monday, November 15, 2010

If we knew beforehand, would we still make the same decisions?

"That's the thing about a human life-there's no control group, no way to ever know how any of us would have turned out if any variables had been changed."   Elizabeth Gilbert 

I love this quote, it really is a question of making the same choices and decisions if we knew beforehand the outcome.  I mean think about it....we are who we are because of the mistakes we've made.  If we never made those mistakes because we could see the variables for what they are and where they lead, would we still be the same person in the end?

I don't know how many times I wished I knew the outcome of things to save myself the heartbreak ahead of time, but then I wouldn't be the person that I am today.  I am who I am because I've survived those heartbreaks, because I learned the lesson and licked my wounds.  Would I have preferred the easy route in a lot of my mistakes, OF COURSE.  Life doesn't come with an instruction booklet, there is no race to the end and the best way to learn the lesson is to make mistakes to grow from....I know this, but it doesn't keep me from trying to control my fate.

It's easier said and done to fully entrust yourself to God, Fate, Life and Love.  My instinct to run has never been greater when facing my fears, but sometimes you just get tired of running.  Guess what?  I'm tired of running and terrified of facing my fears, but no one can do it for me, so both feet in it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Majula Designs' "Little Friends" kit.