https://www.facebook.com/married2chavezhttps://www.instagram.com/sandras_lovinglife/https://www.pinterest.com/married2chavez/

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Aching muscles!

Like most people that start out a new workout regimen, I've over exerted myself! The number one reason people quit their new workout routine is because they over do-it, they let pain and fatigue set in and throw in the towel. I'm not quite there yet, but I am severely sore! But I expected this, so I had a pain plan in place.

1. Medication - I usually have anti-inflammatories readily available anyway due to neck pain (my atlas slips every now and then), so I make sure to have a stash in cases of emergency.

2. Vitamins - Back in the day when I did workout at the gym, a little old lady (that was in great shape) told me that the best way to beat post workout pain was a daily vitamin C pill.

3. Water - One of the reasons we take so long to get over achy muscles is because we let the toxins build in them, instead of flushing them out.

4. Stretching - Stretching out the sore muscles helps release those toxins to be able to be flushed out faster.

5. Epsom Salts - I love relaxing in my whirlpool tub, so this is a no-brainer for me.

6. Reiki - Before my hysterectomy a couple of summers ago, I took a class in this ancient technique of moving energy in the body to where it needs to be to naturally heal. It did wonders; I had the staples out by the third day after my surgery and was off the pain meds by the fourth! So having this in my pain management arsenal is my secret weapon.

7. Arnica - It's very much like Tiger Balm and Icy/Hot. It's an ointment that soothes pain. I don't use this often, unless I'm in tremendous pain because of the smell and it can stain clothes, but when I do use it, it works immediately.

With my pain plan in place, I have one less excuse to bail out on organizing my body. I figure that with less excuses in place, I'm giving myself more of a chance in succeeding with my workout plan. I'll let you all know how it goes, but until then, I'll be soaking in the tub! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Majula Designs' "Little Friends" kit.