https://www.facebook.com/married2chavezhttps://www.instagram.com/sandras_lovinglife/https://www.pinterest.com/married2chavez/

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Successfully using organizational tools

No matter what your organizational type is, using the right tools makes all the difference.  I know that we all have tools at our disposal that we just can't live without and having them makes all the difference. 

Take for example our vacuums, we all have them, we all use them, but using the right one for your workload can greatly change how you do household chores.  I just recently retired (burnt out) my 10 year old vacuum and had to replace it.  I couldn't believe how many types of different vacuums are on the market now and how much they cost!  Needless to say, I came home empty-handed to do some much needed research.  Because I have Roscoe, we have a pet hair problem, so I needed one that could handle a pet hair covered carpet, as well as still do all the other stuff vacuums do.  After tons of research, reading reviews, and changing my vacuum budget I bought a great vacuum that does everything I need it to do and more.  I have to say, it has made all the difference!  Having the right vacuum for the job has cut down my household cleaning by at least 30 minutes.

Having the right tools makes the work that much faster, not to mention, slightly fun! :)

Here's a list of three tools I can't live without:

1. FlipFold Board - I hate laundry, it's one of my least favorite chores.  However, by folding laundry faster with my FlipFold board, I've cut down laundry time by half, making it a bit more bearable.  Not to mention, they have a junior size for my kids to re-fold their laundry if need be.

2. Laundry baskets - As much as I use these for laundry, I have to admit I use them more for toting things around the house.  I have one for each of the girls and after they've gone to bed, I go through the house picking up their things, filling their basket, and taking it to their room.  They know that in the morning, part of their routine is to clean out their basket, putting their things away, and giving me back an empty basket.  I go to bed with a clean house and they go to school with a clean room, it's a win-win!

3. Bissell's Pet Hair Eraser vacuum - This is the one I was bragging about earlier.  One thing I forgot to mention is that this vacuum also works wonders on hard surfaces as well, not just carpet.

As much as my hubby hates it, I'm constantly on the prowl for the next new, fun, useful, and time saving tool to make household chores, less of a chore.  I'll keep you all updated on any new toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Majula Designs' "Little Friends" kit.