https://www.facebook.com/married2chavezhttps://www.instagram.com/sandras_lovinglife/https://www.pinterest.com/married2chavez/

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Are Your Flowers Dead Yet?


All things die eventually.  However, can't Valentine's Day flowers last a little longer?  I know it really depends on when and where flowers are bought and how they were prepared, but seriously two days?  Ok, ok, I know I should be grateful that after so many years of marriage, at least I'm still getting flowers, BUT can I at least enjoy them!?!

When we first got married, I got bouquets once a month.  The girls at work expected them more than I did and as soon as they'd arrive, they'd all take a single bloom to enjoy at their desk.  They would beg me to have my hubby give romance lessons to their hubbies all the time.  Then seven years later, we decided to expand our family and with a difficult pregnancy, I was placed on bed rest and the flowers stopped coming.  As soon as I returned to work however, they continued to come and I loved it.  But as with all good things, this too came to an end.  The flowers started to come less frequently, then only on special occasions, and as the years went by, they no longer came on special occasions, but the day after...  And now that I'm home full-time, I'm lucky if I get flowers from my own garden!

It's true we've cut back on costs, but just because I'm a mom, doesn't mean I don't want to be romanced!  And now what do I get?  ...dead flowers!  LOL!  I love it!  I love my hubby and I know he desperately tries to be as romantic as before, but with two girls to chase after all day, it's hard sometimes for either one of us to find our romantic ol' selves.  Either way as my hubby now knows, I'd rather get dead flowers then to only get flowers after I'm dead!  Hmmm... does dead flowers = dead romance....NAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Majula Designs' "Little Friends" kit.