https://www.facebook.com/married2chavezhttps://www.instagram.com/sandras_lovinglife/https://www.pinterest.com/married2chavez/

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Disney's Coming to Hawaii!

                                                                 *Courtesy of Hawaii Magazine

Two things I love the most are coming together, Hawaii and all things Disney!!!  I heard about this possibly happening a long time ago, but I try not to get too excited about things before I know they're really going to happen.  One of the benefits of being a Disneyland Annual Passholder and a Castaway Club Member is that you get the insider's scoop of events, vacations, and movies on the horizon.

Disney will be presenting the Aulani Disney Resort and Spa next fall (follow the link for full details).  We were lucky enough to pull together some money a few years ago and go on one of the Disney Cruises to the Bahamas and have been dying to do it again.  I had just gotten the news that Disney will be hosting cruises to Alaska & the Pacific Coast next summer 2011 leaving from the west coast, which is perfect since we live in Southern California.  So I started to budget and plan for our next Disney trip, even though we promised the girls Hawaii this summer.  With a Disney cruise this close (and no 5 hour plane ride), how could we pass up this opportunity!?!  Hawaii will always be there....and now Disney will be there too!  My dilemma is....we promised Hawaii this year, how do I break it to the girls?  Since we only do a major vacation every other year, our trip would've been this summer, but pushing it back a year will push my little ones over the edge and my sanity out the window! LOL!  Not to mention, we'd be pushing Hawaii back to 2013!

Knowing my work-a-holic hubby, he'll want to pay off bills for the next three years and have no vacations at all.  I've only been able to convince him of fresh air every now and then because we have kids and no matter which way we look at it, we're going to be in debt for a long time (kids, school, sweet sixteens, college, weddings, etc), so we might as well enjoy ourselves (and them).  If it were up to me, we'd be taking three big vacations, instead of choose one or another, but life is about compromising....sometimes!  I have yet to price out all of the choices, which I'm sure will be the deciding factor.  Until then, I can be happy knowing it's at least one or the other!!! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog designed by Blogger Boutique using Majula Designs' "Little Friends" kit.